The basic installation of Password Manager 5.7.1 and above:
- Launch the Autorun.exe as Administrator.
- Select the “Setup” tab.
- Find the appropriate OS level x64 or x32 and click “Install”.
- Select “Next” after reviewing the Password Manager Welcome screen.
- Check the “I accept the terms in the License Agreement” after reviewing.
- Enter Full name and Organization to personalize your installation
Click the License… button and browse to the product license key provided by our Licensing department or Sales. Once this page is completed select “Next”.
- On the custom setup page one can select to change location the installation files will be installed by selecting “Browse…”
On Same custom Setup page select “Full Installation” to install the entire product on the server. The other components are included with the full installation therefore there is no need to select Self-Service site or Helpdesk site. The Self-Service site and Helpdesk site can be selected individually when configuring a standalone server with a DMZ environment.
Once completed select “Next”.
- The Password Manager service account which is entered at this page is the account Password Manager will use to perform all the background operations performed by Password Manager on Active Directory. This is also the account which will be running the Password Manager service on the server which Password Manager is installed. If a different account is desired to be used to manage a domain, the account can be changed when the domain connection is established during the configuration of Password Manager.
- It is recommended that the service account be a member of the domain administrator group how there is a minimum permissions:
Select “Next” once the Account name and Password has been entered.
- The Application Pool account is the account which will be running the application pools within IIS. It is recommended that this account be a member of the local Administrator group of the server. This account also performs actions on the Password Manager server such as enabling logging which edits the local registry of the server. There are no issues using the same account in the application pool as the service account in the previous page.
- Select “Install” once the Account name and Password has been entered.
- Select “Finish” to complete the installation of Password Manager.