How to upgrade from Password Manager 5.6.x or 5.7.0 to 5.7.1 or 5.8.2.
While this video demonstrates 5.7.1, the same steps apply to 5.8.2.
NOTES & REFERENCES:
1. Export the configuration before upgrading:
2. Remove the existing installation.
3. Once uninstalled remove the hidden files used by Password Manager to store the configuration data, located on the Password Manager server under C:\ProgramData\Dell\Password Manager.
4. Install Password Manager 5.7.1. or 5.8.2
5. Import the settings collected in step 1:
6. Confirm that the settings from the previous version have been successfully imported by reviewing the configuration in the Admin site.
NOTE: If you have already installed the security patch from KB 213268 that was released for 5.6.2 and 5.6.3, the upgrade is now complete. However if you have not applied the security patch please continue with the upgrade process.
7. Refresh the internal configuration file by making a small change within the PMAdmin site.
8. Now that the internal configuration file has been updated by 5.7.1/ 5.8.2, please create another Export file which can be used for backup as well as for the Migration wizard.
NOTE: The password is auto generated on every visit to this page. Write down this password for the Export.
9. Run the Migration Wizard to update the user’s profile to match the new encryption.
NOTE: The Migration Wizard MUST be run as the Password Manager service account.
10. Navigate to the PMUser site and test that a user can reset their password.
*If you use the Password Policy manager, please see:
for instructions on upgrading the password policy.
If you use the Secure Password extension (SPE) please see: