- Export the configuration file using the Import/Export option in General Settings and import the same file after the upgrade.
- Create a copy of the C:\ProgramData\One Identity\Password Manager folder and replace the same after upgrade.
If you have customized the product settings in the below configuration files, before installing the hotfix back up the following files and re-configure them in the latest files after the installation of hotfix:
- web.config files of all Password Manager websites
- QPM.Service.Host.exe.config located at <Password Manager installation folder>\Service folder
If you have customized any of the Password Manager files, then before installing the hotfix back up the customized file and re-configure the customizations in the latest files after the installation of hotfix.
To install the hotfix
- Copy the supplied file PasswordManager-5.8.2-SOL264141.exe.rename to the One Identity Password Manager 5.8.0 computer.
- Remove the .rename file name extension.
- Run the file PasswordManager-5.8.2-SOL264141.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the hotfix installation.
- Perform Steps 1—3 for each instance of Password Manager installed in your environment.
To use the proxy configuration available in Two-factor authentication service, you must update the web.config and service configuration files.
Add <defaultProxy> element in the configuration file as shown in the example here:
- The <defaultProxy> element must to be added after the </configSections> element in the required configuration file.
- You can update the <bypasslist> element to add address that do not use a proxy configuration. For example,
<add address="abc.com" />
<add address="def.com" />
The following files have to be updated with the <defaultProxy> element:
- <Password Manager installation folder>\Service\QPM.Service.Host.exe.config
- <Password Manager installation folder>\Web\Admin\Web.config
- <Password Manager installation folder>\Web\Helpdesk\Web.config
- <Password Manager installation folder>\Web\User\Web.config
Please refer to the included ReadMe for addition information.