This issue can occur for several reasons including:
- Server name resolution issue.
- SeLinux is configured on the system.
- There are files left over from a previous configuration attempt.
Check the hostname and DNS configuration.
Ensure that both a forward and reverse DNS lookup of the server resolves correctly.
Also make sure that you are not using an un-resolveable short name instead of the fully qualified domain name.
Check if SeLinux is configured by running:
Remove any files from a previous configuration attempt:
- Unconfigure the server by running:
- Remove any existing /etc/opt/quest/qpm4u/pm.settings file
- Remove the pmpolicy user and home directory by running:
userdel -r pmpolicy