Most errors in a UPM installation can be attributed to simple configuration or environmental problems. Following these steps will allow you to work through your UPM configuration and diagnose the problem.
Check UPM master configuration:
- Is pmmasterd present on the master?
- Does pmmasterd have a correct entry in inetd.conf?
- Is the /etc/pm.settings file correct?
- Does the /etc/pm.conf file exist. If other .conf files are in use are they included correctly?
- Can the Master resolve the names and IP addresses of Agent machines
Check UPM Agent configuration:
- Is pmlocald present on the Agent?
- Does pmlocald have a correct entry in inetd.conf?
- Is the /etc/pm.settings file correct? Is the masters entry correct and are encryption/communications settings compatible with the master?
- Can the user access the pmrun command?
- Can the Agent resolve the names and IP addresses of Master machines?