New Product Version Release
syslog-ng Store Box 5.1.0
One Identity is excited to announce a new version of syslog-ng Store Box is now available.
Look what's new in 5.1.0:
- It is now possible to forward log messages from SSB to Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) servers, allowing you to store your log data on a distributed, scalable file system. This is especially useful if you have huge amounts of log messages that would be difficult to store otherwise, or if you want to process your messages using Hadoop tools. HDFS destinations also support Kerberos authentication.
- SNMP destinations and SQL sources to be removed in upcoming feature release
- Do not upgrade to 5.1 (SSB 5 F1) if you are currently using and want to continue to use SNMP destinations or SQL sources
- These functionalities are planned to be removed from SSB starting with version 5.2 (SSB F2). Upgrading from 5 LTS to 5 F1 would mean that you would have to upgrade to 5 F2 once it has been released to receive support for the product.
- Staying on 5 LTS means that you will not have access to the HDFS destination functionality available in SSB starting with version 5 F1, however, you will continue to get support for 3 years after the original publication date of 5 LTS (December 2017) and for 1 year after the new LTS release is published (whichever date is later).
- If you wish to continue using SNMP destinations and SQL sources, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance with upgrading syslog-ng Store Box or ensuring your solution is running optimally, please engage our One Identity Services team. If you need additional services, please visit our syslog-ng Store Box syslog-ng Services page.
To determine the current support phase of your product, please refer to the syslog-ng Store Box Life Cycle table.
Be sure to check out the syslog-ng Store Box Product Support page to find solution articles, tips and tricks, tutorials, documentation, notifications, life cycle tables, training, and a product User Forum.
To ensure long term success, visit One Identity University to learn more about training options available to help you develop a technical expertise with the solution. You can manage your Product Notifications or view all Notifications & Alerts.