Product Version Release
syslog-ng Premium Edition 7.0.18
One Identity is excited to announce a new version of syslog-ng Premium Edition is now available.
Look what's new in 7.0.18:
- High speed UDP message receiving: Starting with syslog-ng PE version 7.0.18, you can fetch UDP logs with the new udp-balancer() source with a very high message rate on a single UDP port. With this feature you can utilize a greater number of cpu cores with the recently released eBPF modules that are contained within the latest Linux Kernels. Speeds of up to 1 million msg/sec are achievable. For details, see the Administration Guide.
Look what's fixed in 7.0.18:
- Config objects preceded by an inline destination are ignored
- Loggen not running when installed from dot run installer into a custom directory
- Monitoring source does not set log level correctly
- Memory leak during reading logstores
- Http() destination does not use frac-gigits() global setting
See the Release Notes for details on enhancements, corrections and improvements.
- The upgrade from syslog-ng PE6 has been made more robust starting with this version 7.0.17. If you're upgrading from PE6 version first upgrade to the latest available PE6 release then upgrade to PE7.
- Starting from the next release (syslog-ng PE version 7.0.19), syslog-ng will assign a default persist name for python source and python destination, which is generated from the class name. As a result, if the same class is used multiple times in the configuration, then syslog-ng will not start due to persist name collision. To resolve, users either need to add persist-name in configuration, or define a @staticmethod generate_persist_name in the python package (refer to the release notes for example).
syslog-ng Premium Edition 7.0.17 is now in limited support and 7.0.12 will enter discontinued support 16-Dec-2019. To determine the current support phase of your product, please refer to the syslog-ng Premium Edition Life Cycle table.
Our experts can help you quickly transition to a new product version so you can start leveraging new functionalities. Check out the Upgrade Assessment offering to get started.
For a complete listing of professional services, visit the One Identity Services page. To ensure long term success, visit One Identity University to learn more about training options available to help you develop a technical expertise with the solution.Be sure to check out our One Identity channel for online product technical tutorials.See the syslog-ng Premium Edition Product Support page for:
- Video Tutorials
- Knowledgebase Search (across KBs & Product forums)
- Access online product documentation
- Review Product Life Cycle, Support Guide, Policies and Offerings
Visit the syslog-ng Premium Edition community to find insight-packed blogs, discover new tips and tricks, watch how-to videos and collaborate with your peers. We make it easy for you in the user forums.
While visiting the syslog-ng community, you may want to check out these helpful blogs:
Upgrading syslog-ng PE from version 6 to 7
Upgrading a syslog-ng PE 6 configuration to PE 7