1) What happened to Quest Samba?
2) Does One Identity provide troubleshooting support for Samba?
3) Can Authentication Services still be integrated with mainstream Samba?
4) What are the benefits of Identity Mapper?
1) Previously a Quest Samba package was made only as a courtesy to customers who were using an operating system not recent enough to have a compatible Samba package. Today the platform support for mainstream Samba is much, and builds are available from numerous vendors. Due to this, it has been decided that it is inefficient to maintain our own Samba packages, and therefore they have been removed from our RC website and are no longer offered.
2) One Identity does NOT provide troubleshooting support for any base Samba code itself, or any issues arising from its use or its configuration. This includes creating and managing file shares, permissions and general Samba performance.
3) Please see this article for information on integrating Samba with Authentication Services;
4) The ID Mapper (vasidmapd) has been deprecated and is not longer being maintained.