WHERE TO PUT THE STORED PROCEDURE
- In Quick Connect Administration Console, navigate to the Connections tab
- Locate the Oracle connection in the list and select Connection Settings
- Select the Password tab
- Select Synchronize and manage passwords
- Click Configure Query
HOW TO CALL THE STORED PROCEDURE
- Put the following code into the Configure Query window that opens at Step 5 above.
call stored_procedure_name (:username, :newPassword)
- Click OK to close the Configure Query window
- Click Save to save the changes
- stored_procedure_name - the name of the Oracle stored procedure that accepts user name and new password as parameters and resets the password for the user uniquely defined by the username parameter.
- username - name of the field that uniquely identifies a user in the target Oracle table, view or query.
- Tip: use the Preview button under Specify how to select and modify data in Oracle connection settings to verify the available field names.
- newPassword - Quick Connect passes the new password a clear-text format to this parameter.
NOTE: Quick Connect supports [in] parameters for the Oracle stored procedure only. [out] parameters and return codes are not supported.