The issue can arise because an incorrect “value delimiter” has been specified in the Advanced settings of the Connection. The value delimiter is intended to separate values within a multi-value field coming from the CSV file. If the intention is to not import any multi-value attributes, this delimiter should be set to a character that will never appear in the CSV data. Also, always ensure that any CSV data that does contain commas is surrounded by double quotes in the CSV file – i.e. “Manager, Finance”.
To review the setting:
1) Open the Quick Connect Administration console
2) Select the Connections node in the left pane.
3) Select one of the Connections.
4) Select Connection Settings
5) Expand Specify delimited text file format
6) Click the Advanced button.
7) Review the contents of Value delimiter. By default, this is a semi-colon ‘;’. To prevent the issues described in 1 and 2 above, ensure that the character specified here will never appear in the contents of the attribute / field coming from the CSV file.