To install and prepare the 5.0 license before upgrading clients please adhere to the following steps.
1. Request your new 5.0 license, that can be done here
2. Ensure that you have Control Center 4.2.4 installed on a Windows Desktop or Windows Server joined to the same domain as your Linux and Unix clients.
3. Install the license in 4.2.4 Control Center. You can download 4.2.4 here.
4. To upgrade Control Center after unzipping the package you need to browse to the Windows folder and run setup.exe. It might require a reboot of the system.
5. Open Control Center. In the left hand column click Preferences. Then expand the Licensing section at the top if it isn't already.
6. Click Add a license.
The license should now be properly installed and show Product Version 5.
Systems that are joined or upgraded will automatically pick up the new license.
Not all Linux and Unix machines need to upgraded at the same time. For instructions on upgrading please see this article