Trying to login with Active Directory QAS client through ssh or putty and getting access denied. Can connect su - <username> and then entering the password.
Pam was not configured in sshd_config
1. Ensure that the SSH version you are running is compiled with PAM:
ldd /usr/local/sbin/sshd | grep -i pam
2. Ensure that the configuration file is set to use PAM.
In your sshd_config file ensure the following options are set (depending on the version of SSH):
* you must restart sshd if the sshd_config was changed
3. Make sure that the user is Unix-enabled
4. Verify PAM configuration files /etc/pam.conf or /etc/pam.d/ includes pam_vas for the sshd service.
5. Test restart of sshd fixes the auth issue if happening for multiple accounts.