How to automate a script to run when Unix or Mac machine starts up?
Vintela Group Policy (VGP) can be used to accomplish this as per the following steps:
(Please note the script should previously be written and tested on the target platform.)
1. Start Group Policy Object Editor
2. Navigate to Computer Configuration | Unix Settings | Quest Authentication Services | Client Configuration
3. Double-click "Startup Scripts"
4. Click "Add..."
5. Click "Import..." and browse to the script file. The script you choose automatically displays in the "Name" field.
6. In the "Parameters" field, enter any parameters to pass to the script on the command line.
7. Select "Options":
• "Run As User": Check this box and enter a user name to force the script to run as a specific user on the Unix host. It runs as root by default.
• "Run once": Check this box to prohibit the script from running more than one time on the Unix client.
8. Click "Add".
The new script displays in the list of configured scripts.