One Identity Support does not provide upgrade assistance, for upgrades Professional Services can be engaged through an Account Representative.
Some items of advisement when upgrading:
- Ensure a new license is obtained for version 7 of Syslog-ng PE
- Ensure the syslog-ng.conf has the proper version in the beginning of the file. See below:
- Check for depreciated drivers such as the tcp() and/or udp() drivers as these have been replaced with the network() driver.
- Ensure Syslog-ng PE version 7 is running on a supported operating system.
- Check for depreciated options such as use-rcptid() as this has been replaced with the option use-uniqid().
- Read the Administration Guide for the latest version of Syslog-ng PE on the One Identity support site which contains additional information for upgrading.
- Check the One Identity site for important version information, if any.