Before start to use the script, consider the following:
- The archive cleanup script is not supported officially.
- It is developed to help customers to clean up their archive share when they can not extend it.
- Do not use it on a daily basis, nor create a scheduled job.
- Make sure that no archiving is in progress.
- Copy the attached archive-cleanup-0.4.2.tar.gz to the core shell's root directory (/mnt/firmware/root) via SCP.
- Log in to the core shell and extract the compressed file with the following command.
tar xzf archive-cleanup-0.4.2.tar.gz
- Create a backup of archive database
cp /opt/ssb/var/sql/archive.db /root
- Enter the script's directory, execute it and follow the instructions.
- Select logspace to cleanup. You can chose multiple logspaces.
- Enter the desired retention time on archive share
- Check if the archive database has not became corrupt
sqlite3 /opt/ssb/var/sql/archive.db "pragma integrity_check;"
The output should be only an "ok". In other case open a support ticket and upload the corrupt database file.