There are two different branches of the software: Long term support (LTS) branch and a Feature release branch.
- To help you make a decision which branch to upgrade to, read the following KB: LTS or Feature. Always upgrade to the latest version of the selected branch.
- For every major version of SSB a new license file is needed. It can be downloaded from the support portal. However if the license is not there you can request a new version license from our licensing team by filling out this form: Licensing Assistance
- Consider the upgrade path. (SSB 5 to 6 upgrade examples)
Upgrading to a major version is supported from the latest version of LTS (5.0.4) or Feature branch (5.3.0) of the previous release.
Install the latest version of the same branch. (5.0.2 -- > 5.0.3 or 5.1.0 --> 5.4.0)
Direct upgrade to major Feature release is not supported.
First upgrade to LTS, then to Feature release. (5.3.0 or 5.0.4 --> 6.0 --> 6.3.0)
- Create a full backup of SSB.
Basic Settings | Management | System backup | Backup now
Log | Logspaces | Backup ALL
- Follow the upgrade guide. Note that the link directs to the documentation of the latest feature release.
If you want to upgrade to LTS version, you have to select the version number from the filter.