In the following example messages are received into the SSB from two different appliances called “dc1” and “dc2”. The source driver for both appliances is the same. The messages for the respective appliances are filtered by hostname in SSB and sent to different destinations
- Use the built in ‘legacy’ log source (or a different source depending on how you have SSB configured)
SSB > Log > Sources > legacy
- Navigate to SSB > Log > Logspaces and create two new logspaces. (Let’s call them "DC1_Space" & "DC2_Space")
Configure the settings as required for these logstores.
- Navigate to SSB > Log > Paths and create a new log path
- Under the ‘Source” heading choose ‘legacy’ from the drop down menu.
- Under “Message Processing” heading add a filter called ‘host’ from the dropdown menu
- Click on the adjacent ‘+’ symbol and choose "is" from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the hostname of the first appliance ("dc1")
- Under the “Destination” heading choose one of the new logstores created in step 2 above. Use "DC1_Space"
- Repeat the steps in 3 above for the "dc2" and "DC2_Space".
- Navigate to SSB > Search, check each of the two new logstores that were created and verify that they are receiving messages from the correct appliance only.