syslog-ng Store Box Implementation
Attend this one-day syslog-ng Store Box (SSB) Implementation training course to build the knowledge and skills needed to successfully install, configure, operate and troubleshoot One Identity syslog-ng SSB. Plus, as part of the course, you can safely hone your syslog-ng SSB skills in simulated environments to your increase your hands-on experience before taking on a live implementation.
Please note that this training is part of the syslog-ng Log Management Foundation Training course. For technology professionals looking to build your knowledge for syslog-ng Premium Edition (PE) and syslog-ng Store Box (SSB), you can take the syslog-ng Log Manage Foundation Training course to learn about both in a single 4-day training.
For One Identity partners, you must be certified (pass exams) to deploy solutions.
• Partners seeking to deploy syslog-ng Store Box
• Architects and consultants who will plan, install and configure syslog-ng Store Box
- Overview and introduction to syslog-ng Store Box (SSB)
- Configure and initialize by the Welcome Wizard
- Simple settings of SSB
- Access control on the box
- Backup, Cleanup and archive logspaces
- Filtering and Rewriting messages
- MRA: message rate alerting and Reports
- Forwarding message to external devices
- How HA works and when to use them
- Troubleshooting SSB and how to use the support system
Introduction and Overview of SSB
- What is SSB
- Basic functions and benefits of the device
Configuration and Welcome Wizard
- Initialize your SSB
- Getting familiar with the interface
- Basics of SSB
- The search interface
- Sharing logspaces
- Layers and methods of access control
Backup, Cleanup and Archive
- Methods of backup and archive
- Setup backup
- Perform a full backup and restore
Filter and Rewrite messages and Parsers
- Setup message filters and parsers
- Configure pattern database
Alerting Monitoring and Reports
- Configure alerting methods
- Configure trap cases
- Configure reports
Sending messages to syslog servers, SQL servers and HDFS
- Introduce the HA concept
- Setup HA clusters
- Troubleshooting SBB devices
This course is only available through private instructor-led training delivered at a customer-chosen site for up to 8 attendees.
Agenda, labs and demos show all available parts for an existing training
module. Depending on the course, smaller parts of it might not be
taught or performed. Typically, suitable labs must be taught but demos
could be selected during a training.
© 2021 One Identity LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.