Modify Requested Change activity is intended to update the change request that started the workflow, allowing you to add or remove changes to the properties of the workflow target object at workflow execution time. For example, in a workflow that starts when the creation of an object is requested, you can use this activity to modify the properties that are going to be assigned to the new object, or change the container in which to create the object. In a workflow that starts upon a request to change an object, you can use this activity to modify the requested changes to the properties of that object.
- Target changes. You can define the property changes to add or remove from the change request. When you configure this activity, you can choose the properties you want the activity to change and, for each property, choose to remove the property from the request, clear the property value in the request, or specify the new value to be assigned to that property. For a multi-value property, you can choose to add or remove a value from that property. The following options are available:
- Text string. Use the given string of characters as the value of the property. You can type the desired string.
- Property of workflow target object. Use the value of a certain property of the target object of the request that started the workflow. You can select the desired property from a list of object properties.
- Property of workflow initiator. Use the value of a certain property of the user whose request started the workflow. You can select the desired property from a list of object properties.
- Changed value of workflow target object property. Use the value that is requested to be assigned to a certain property of the workflow target object. You can select the desired property from a list of object properties.
- Workflow parameter value. Use the value of a certain parameter of the workflow. You can choose the desired parameter from a list of the workflow parameters.
- Property of object from workflow data context. Use the value of a certain property of the object that will be selected by the activity on the basis of the data found in the workflow run-time environment. You can choose the desired property and specify which object you want the activity to select at workflow run time.
- Value generated by rule expression. Use the string value of a certain rule expression. By using a rule expression, you can compose a string value based on properties of various objects found in the workflow run-time environment. You can create the desired rule expression when you configure the activity.
- Notification. You can configure the activity to subscribe recipients to the notifications of the following events:
- Activity completed successfully. When configured to notify of this event, the activity causes Active Roles to send a notification e-mail if no significant errors occurred during execution of this activity.
- Activity encountered an error. When configured to notify of this event, the activity causes Active Roles to send a notification e-mail if any significant errors occurred during execution of this activity.
The notification settings specify the event to notify of, and notification recipients. When executed by the workflow, the activity prepares a notification message appropriate to the specified event. Active Roles retains the message prepared by the activity, and sends the message to the specified recipients upon occurrence of that event. The notification settings are similar to the notification settings of a Notification activity (see Notification activity earlier in this document).
- Error handling. You can choose whether to suppress errors encountered by the activity. The following option is available: Continue workflow even if this activity encounters an error. If this option is not selected (default setting), then an error condition encountered by the activity causes Active Roles to terminate the workflow. If you select this option, the workflow continues regardless of whether or not the encounters an error condition.
- Additional settings. You can configure the activity to:
- Change the container where to create new objects while ensuring that the policies and workflows are applied from the container where the object will actually be created rather than from the container that was originally specified in the object creation request.
- Add or remove Active Roles controls from the request.
Controls are certain pieces of data that can be used to provide additional information to Active Roles on how to process the request. If no controls are added to a request, then Active Roles determines how to process the request based solely on the type of the request. You can configure the activity to add certain controls to the request (include controls) or to ensure that certain controls never occur in the request (exclude controls). For information about Active Roles controls, see Active Roles SDK.