If the Publisher has a Subscriber that uses Windows authentication, it is required that the SQL Server Agent logon account on the Publisher SQL Server have appropriate access permissions on the Subscriber SQL Server. For details, see the “SQL Server permissions” section in the Active Roles Quick Start Guide.
Given these requirements of the SQL Server Agent logon account, you may encounter a situation where you need to specify a different logon account with sufficient access permissions. You may also need to change password for the logon account. This section provides instructions on how to change the SQL Server Agent logon account.
- On the computer running the Publisher SQL Server, open SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- In the console tree, select SQL Server Services.
- In the details pane, right-click the SQL Server Agent to modify, and then click Properties.
- On the Log On tab, click This account, and specify the account name and password.
- Click OK.
- For the changes to take effect, click Yes in the confirmation message box.