In this section:
Configuring the Reporting Module
To configure the PDF reports module, you must own the following right: Reporting: Administration: to manage the configuration of the report generation requests.
- In the File menu, click Configuration.
- The Configuration window appears.
- Click the Reporting tab.
- Fill-in the tab using the instructions given in section "Reporting" Tab - Description hereunder.
- Click OK.
- The reporting module is configured.
"Reporting" Tab - Description
General configuration area
- Delete reports older than x days: select this check box and set the number of days after which the reports are automatically deleted from the controller.
By default, the reports are never deleted.
- Check for report generation every x minutes: set the periodicity check of the periodic reports to generate.
Example: if you set the periodicity to 60, then the EAM controller will check every 60 minutes if periodic reports must be generated. If a periodic report should have been generated within these 60 minutes, then the console will execute the generation of this report.
||IMPORTANT: The default value is 0, however this value is equivalent to an automatic check every 10 minutes.|
- Mail notifier configuration area
|NOTE: These keywords are case insensitive.|
Managing Report Models
Depending on your needs, you can import report models (see Importing a report model hereunder) to diversify your available report types or just update your existing reports.
You can also delete report models (see Deleting a report model hereunder).
The report models are divided into 4 categories:
- Activity: reports that help supervise the solution.
- Snapshot: reports that resume the current policy.
- Risk: reports that detect possible anomalies.
- Surveillance: reports that display the activity of the users, applications or workstations.
To view the list of report models provided by One Identity as well as their parameters, see Report Models and Parameters List.
- To manage the PDF reports models, you must own the following rights:
- Reporting: Administration: to manage the configuration of the report generation requests.
- Reporting: Model import: to authorize the administrators to import new report models or to update the existing ones.
- Reporting: Model deletion: to authorize the administrators to delete the report models.
- You have placed the new report models or the updates provided by the One Identity Expertise Center in the directory dedicated to its category under C:\Program Files\Common Files\One Identity\IAR\exports\models\archives\<DBTYPE>\UAS\<Category>, where DBTYPE is the database type used by the controller and Category the name of the model category to import.
For example, to update the report model on the mobile devices of the Snapshot category, you must place the archive containing the Mobiles.zip model in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\One Identity\IAR\exports\models\archives\MySQL\UAS\Snapshot directory if the database used is MySQL.
Importing a report model
- In the Report menu, click Import report models.
- The controller selection window appears.
- Select a controller where the reporting service is installed and click OK.
- The Select report model to import window appears and displays all the models to import.
- Select a display language then select a report model.
- Select the Show unknown model only check box to display only the models that have not been imported yet.
- Click Import.
- The Import options window appears.
- Select the import mode of the report model:
- Delete if exists then create: deletes the model if it already exists and recreates it.
- Update the report model: only updates the files depending on the graphic model or the property files.
- Do nothing if the report model exists: does not create a new model if it already exists.
- Select the language(s) in which the report model can be generated and click Import.
- The report is imported and available for on-demand or periodic PDF report generation.
Deleting a report model
You cannot delete a report model if it is being used to generate a report.
If the report model is used for a periodic report generation, then the latter is deleted.
- In the Report menu, click Delete report models.
- The Select report model to delete window appears and displays all the models imported in the Reporting module.
- Select a report model
||NOTE: If you only want to delete one of the display languages of a report, select the report and the language to delete.|
- Click Delete.
- The report model is deleted.
You can manage permissions by adding/deleting users and adding/removing the following permissions:
- Reader: the user can only download the reports.
- Full control: the user can download reports and if he is an administrator, he can also add/modify/remove users and their rights.
To manage the permissions, you must own the following right:
Reporting: Administration: to manage the configuration of the report generation requests.
- In the Reporting panel > PDF reports tab, click Permissions.
- The Report permissions window appears.
- Add a user and his permission: click Add.
- Modify the permission of a user: click Change right.
- Remove a user and his permission: click Remove.
- Once you have made the modifications, click OK.