The following activities must be performed to have a fully functional Data Governance Edition deployment:
- Install One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition
- Create and configure the One Identity Manager database
Install and configure the One Identity Manager service (job server)
- Run the Data Governance Configuration wizard to:
- Deploy the Data Governance server
- Create the Data Governance Resource Activity database
- Configure the Data Governance service accounts for managed domains
- Add managed hosts and deploy agents
- Install the web portal
NOTE: New in 7.0: Active Directory synchronization via the One Identity Manager service (job server) is not required for managed host deployment.
In the absence of One Identity Manager target system synchronization, the Data Governance service automatically harvests the forest topology. It creates Employee records for all members found in each domain's Domain Admins group and for the current account running the Data Governance configuration wizard. It also links these accounts to the correct Data Governance application roles, which allows you to add managed hosts and deploy agents.
When additional One Identity Manager functionality is required, including generating complete Data Governance Edition reports, perform the following steps:
Run the One Identity Manager Synchronization Editor to synchronize your target environments (Active Directory, and if applicable, SharePoint and Unix).
IMPORTANT: Active Directory synchronization MUST be complete before starting the SharePoint synchronization.
- Assign Data Governance application roles to Employees.
For detailed instructions on installing and configuring One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition see the One Identity Manager Installation Guide and the One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition Deployment Guide.