One Identity Data Governance Edition 8.1.5
12 July 2021, 09:30
These release notes provide information about the One Identity Data Governance Edition 8.1.5 release.
For the most recent documents and product information, see the One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition documentation.
About this release
One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition enables security administrators and business owners to manage user access to unstructured data on files/folders/shares for Windows Server, NAS devices and SharePoint. It leverages the One Identity Manager platform for providing integrated self-service request portal, segregation of duties policies, attestation and re-certification workflows.
Using Data Governance Edition, IT Administrators are provided with management capabilities that enable them to see who is using data in the organization and how access should be modified to best fit the business. Specifically, they can:
- Examine a file system, SharePoint farm or other supported platforms to see what users and groups have access to it, and modify the access if required.
- Examine a user or group to ensure they have the correct data access.
- Investigate access for a user in a particular role within your organization to help grant the same access to a new hire.
- Evaluate a group’s access before deleting it.
- Compare account access and simulate the addition and removal of users or groups from groups.
- Calculate perceived owners to identify potential business owners for data within your environment.
- Place data under governance and leverage the self-service requests, attestations, policies, and reports that help you to ensure your data is in compliance.
Through workflows that cross both the Manager and the Web Portal, users can:
- Manage access to and governance of Windows Server, NAS devices, SharePoint resources, and certain Cloud resources.
- Perform access modeling to compare user accounts/groups to identify the impact of adding/removing users to/from groups and identify why employees in the same department have different access rights.
- View how access was achieved, who requested it, who approved or denied it. This information is useful to verify during the attestation process.
- Define access policies including Separation of Duties to assist in fulfilling security and compliance requirements around data protection.
- Manage access as a business owner, an administrator or a security officer through dashboards and views.
Review user and resource activity to identify patterns of usage, spot atypical behavior, and determine business owners to ensure that users have only the access to what they absolutely need, and nothing more.
- Use an access request workflow which allows business owners to grant or deny resource access and recommend a group for fulfillment from the list of best fit groups suggested by the system – thereby improving efficiency and reducing IT burden.
- Identify data without owners, suggest potential business owners, and allow compliance teams to schedule a process for business owners to verify and attest to employee access as well as enable the immediate remediation.
- Access pre-defined reports to help you identify, summarize, and analyze resource and account access and activity throughout your organization.
Data Governance Edition 8.1.5 is a minor release that provides compatibility with One Identity Manager 8.1.5.
For a full list of target systems that can be scanned, see Supported target systems