|Manager - single agent deployment
The recommended method for adding a managed host.
- Select the host computer from the Managed host view (must have already been synchronized into One Identity Manager).
- Select the Manage host task.
- In the Managed Host Setting dialog, select the managed host configuration settings.
Use the Managed DFS host task to add a Distributed File System (DFS) root managed host.
Use the Manage NFS host task to add an NFS managed host for scanning supported NAS devices with NFS file system protocol enabled.
Use the Manage Cloud host task to add a SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business managed host.
For more information on determining the type of agent to be deployed, see Working with managed hosts and agents.
For more information on deploying the different types of managed hosts, see Adding and configuring managed hosts.
For more information about the configuration settings available, see Managed host configuration settings.
|Manager - multiple agent deployment
Use to add and configure multiple managed hosts at once.
- Select multiple host computers of the same host type from the Managed host view.
- Select the Manage multiple hosts task.
- Set the appropriate managed host configuration settings that will be applied to all selected hosts.
Not available for adding SharePoint managed hosts.
Does not apply to DFS, NFS, or Cloud host types (you do not select host computers when adding these types of managed hosts).
The server deploys the agents in a staggered manner.
All hosts must be in managed domains.
For more information on adding or configuring managed hosts, see Adding and configuring managed hosts.
Use the following PowerShell cmdlets in the OneIdentity.DataGovernance snap-in to deploy and configure managed hosts:
- Add-QManagedHostByAccountName: To add a managed host to your deployment and configure its settings.
- Set-QManagedHostProperties: To change the properties of a managed host.
- Set-QAgentConfiguration: To set the managed paths to be scanned.
These PowerShell cmdlets do not support adding Cloud managed hosts or setting managed paths for Cloud managed hosts.
For more detailed information on using Windows PowerShell to manage your agent deployment, see the One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition Technical Insight Guide.