A synchronization projectA collection of all data required for synchronizingThe process of comparing data between One Identity Manager and a target system. Objects and their properties are compared by fixed rules. Synchronization results in the identical data situation in the target system and One Identity Manager database. and provisioning a target system. Connection data, schema classes and properties, mappingsList of object matching rules and property mapping rules which map the schema properties of two connected systems to one another., and synchronization workflows all belongs to this. collects all the information required for synchronizing the One Identity Manager database with a target system. Connection data for target systems, schema types and properties, mapping, and synchronization workflows all belong to this.
- A synchronization server is set up and declared in the One Identity Manager database.
There is a wizard to assist you with setting up a synchronization project. This wizard takes you through all the steps you need to set up initial synchronization with a target system. The project wizard takes over the following tasks:
- Connecting to the Target System
- Connecting to the One Identity Manager database
- Defining synchronization behavior
The synchronization behavior can be configured based on target system-specific project templatesTemplate used by the project wizard to create a preconfigured synchronization project.. Project templates are supplied by One Identity Manager for certain target systems, The project wizard copies the project template data. This can be modified with the project wizard to suit the new synchronization project. Just one synchronization project can be created per target system and default project template used.
After saving the synchronization project, you can alter the synchronization configuration.
To complete synchronization configuration
- Check the mappings, workflows, start up configuration, and system connection that the wizard has added.
- Assign a schedule to the start up configuration.
- If you want to use the synchronization project to synchronize different target systems, specify variables, and variable sets.
- Activate the synchronization project. The synchronization cannot be started until these are resolved.
NOTE: The current synchronization project is closed when you open another synchronization project.