The database server binds to port 9001. If you see an error in the log file stating that port 9001 is already in use, change the database default port number.
To change the database port number
- Locate the jdbc.properties file.
If it does not exist, create this text file and save it in the application data directory:
- Open the jdbc.properties file with a text editor and enter the following line:
where: n is an unused port on the host where the console is running.
If you run a task using elevation and that user does not have rights to perform that action, you will get an error. The error message will tell you what command that user account is unable to run. Verify the elevation password is correct and that the user has been granted permission to run that command. Edit the policy file and give that user permission to run that command.
You can generate an Access & Privilege report to gather more information. See Access & Privileges reports for details.
If you are expecting to find a host that the mangement console is not listing, perhaps your filters are incorrectly set.
The drop-down menus for the Host state, Authentication Services State, Joined to Domain, and Status columns allow you to filter the items displayed by various criteria.
- Use the Host state column drop-down menu to filter the hosts by "profiled" state.
- Use the Authentication Services state column drop-down menu to filter the hosts by "QAS agent status" state.
- Use the Joined to Domain column drop-down menu to filter the hosts by "joined" or "ready" state.
- Use the Status column drop-down menu to filter the hosts by "joined" or "ready" state.
Note: When you set a filter for one of these columns, the mangement console italicizes and bolds the column heading.
When you select a filter, the console only displays the hosts that match the criteria you set. It is important to understand that when you set multiple filters, the console only displays the hosts that meet all of the criteria you have selected.
If you want the mangement console to temporarily ignore the filter options for a column, clear the Filters option box in the drop-down menu. Then, re-select the Filters option, to re-enable those filter settings.
If filters are set, the console enables the Clear column filters task bar button.
To clear host filters
- To clear a particular filter setting, open the column drop-down menu, navigate to Filters, and deselect the individual options.
- To clear all filters set on any column, click the Clear column filters button in the View pane of the task bar.
Issue: The word "fakepath" displays in a file path rather than the actual file path. You may see this when, using Internet Explorer, you attempt to import hosts to the mangement console from a file and it displays C:\fakepath<filename> in the File box on the Import hosts from file dialog. This is a browser-specific issue where "fakepath" indicates that the site was not trusted.
Note: The import works whether it displays "fakepath" or not. That is, if you click OK when it displays C:\fakepath<filename> in the File box, the mangement console populates the list of hosts into the Add Hosts dialog from the file.
Resolution: Open the browser's Internet options and add the site to your trusted sites collection. When you add the site in question to the "Trusted sites" list in Internet Security Properties it will return the file path.