You can modify an asset.
- Navigate to Administrative Tools | Assets.
- In Assets, select an asset from the object list.
Select the view of the asset's information you want to modify ( such as General, Accounts, or Account Dependencies, Access Request Policies, Asset Groups, Discovered Services, or History).
To change an asset's connection information, for example, connection timeout, double-click the Connection information in the General tab or click the Edit icon. You can also double-click an asset name to open the General settings edit window.
The following notes apply to attempting to change information on the General tab.
- Profile: You can only edit or remove a Service Account Profile when adding an asset. To update or remove the asset's service account profile, go to Accounts, select the service account, and edit it to update the profile. For more information, see General tab (account).
Management tab, Product: Other platform details: Any Other platform type can be changed to different platform type. Conversely, any platform type can be changed to Other, however, any property values specific to the current platform type will be lost. For example, you may want to change an Other Linux operating system to any type of Linux, such as AIX, HP-UX, or Solaris. Then, the specific platform type can be changed back to Other, if needed.
- To add (or remove) an account to this asset, switch to the Accounts tab.
- To add (or remove) a directory account to a Windows server as an account dependency, switch to the Account Dependencies tab. For more information, see Adding account dependencies.
To view or export the details of each operation that has affected the selected asset, switch to the History tab. To export, select the time frame then click Export.