Safeguard for Privileged Passwords provides a recovery kiosk with these options.
Table 266: Recovery Kiosk options
||Allows you to view basic appliance information.|
|These options allow you to remotely restart or shut down the appliance.|
|Admin password reset
||Allows you to reset the bootstrap administrator's password to its initial value.|
|Factory reset from recovery kiosk
Allows you to recover from major problems or to clear the data and configuration settings on the appliance.
||Allows you to generate and send a support bundle to a Windows share.|
To start the recovery kiosk
NOTE: On the terminal or laptop running the recovery kiosk, you must configure your serial port settings as follows:
- Connect a serial cable from a laptop or terminal to the serial port on the back of the appliance marked with |0|0|.
On the laptop or terminal, configure the serial port settings as follows:
- Speed: 115200
- Data bits: 8
- Parity: None
- Stop bit: 1
These options display on the recovery kiosk screen:
- Appliance Information
- Admin Password Reset
- Factory Reset
- Support Bundle
- Use the up-arrow and down-arrow to select one of these options.
- Use the right-arrow to initiate the option.
- Use the left-arrow to return to the option.
Kiosk keyboard shortcuts
Safeguard for Privileged Passwords provides these keyboard shortcuts.
Table 267: Kiosk keyboard shortcuts
|Ctrl + D
Resets the kiosk to its original state. Clears challenges and options.
Caution: When resetting the bootstrap admin password or performing a factory reset, if you reset the kiosk before you receive the response from One Identity Support, you must submit a new challenge.
|Ctrl + R
Re-draws the kiosk to fit a resized window. If you resize the window, type Ctrl + R to reorganize the kiosk elements to fit properly into the newly-sized window.
NOTE: If you make the window too small to accommodate the kiosk elements, Safeguard for Privileged Passwords notifies you of how to readjust the window size.
Use the Appliance Information option on the recovery kiosk to view basic appliance information and edit the IP addresses.
To view or edit the appliance information
- From the recovery kiosk, select the Appliance Information option.
Right-arrow to see:
- Appliance State: The appliance's current state.
- Uptime: The amount of time (hours and minutes) the appliance has been running.
- MGMT: The management host's network interface properties, including the MAC address and IPv4 (and optionally IPv6) properties.
- X0: The network interface properties for the primary interface that connects your appliance to the network, including the MAC address and IPv4 (and optionally IPv6) properties.
- X1: The network interface properties used for the sessions module, including the MAC address and IPv4 (and optionally IPv6) properties. If one or more Safeguard Sessions Appliances are joined to Safeguard for Privileged Passwords, X1 is not available in Safeguard for Privileged Passwords.
To change the network properties for the primary interface (x0) or session interface (X1), if available, click Edit next to the appropriate heading. Clicking Edit displays the network interface properties which can be modified.
After editing the network interface properties, click Submit.
Once the updates are completed, a "Network interface update request accepted" message is displayed.
Use the power options in the recovery kiosk to remotely restart or shut down the appliance.
- You can use the Reboot option in the recovery kiosk to restart the appliance if you cannot access the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords Windows desktop client, web client, or API to restart the appliance using the normal procedures.
- You must use the Shut Down option in the recovery kiosk to shutdown the appliance.
Rebooting the appliance
If you cannot access the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords Windows desktop client, web client, or API to restart the appliance using the normal procedures, you can restart the appliance from the recovery kiosk.
To reboot the appliance
- From the recovery kiosk, select the Power Options | Reboot option.
- Right arrow.
- When prompted, select Yes to start the reboot or No to return to the main option screen.