Add Asset Profile (asset discovery)
During Asset Discovery, Safeguard for Privileged Passwords automatically adds the assets that it finds and begins to manage them according to the settings in the asset profile you set on the Rules tab.
- Once Safeguard for Privileged Passwords creates an asset, it will not attempt to re-create it or modify the asset if the asset is rediscovered by a different job.
- Any SSH host keys encountered in discovery will be automatically accepted.
- You can configure multiple rules for an Asset Discovery job. When Safeguard for Privileged Passwords runs the Asset Discovery job, if it finds an asset with more than one rule, it applies the connection and profile settings of the first rule that discovers the asset.
Navigate to Administrative Tools | Discovery | Asset Discovery | (add or edit a Asset Discovery job) | Asset Discovery dialog | Rules tab | Asset Discovery Rule dialog | Asset Profile.
To edit the asset profile information
Click Edit next to Asset Profile.
Browse to select a profile to govern the discovered assets.
- Click OK to save your selection.
Schedule tab (asset discovery)
From the Asset Discovery dialog, Schedule tab, configure when you want to run the Asset Discovery job.
Select Run Every to run the job along per the run details you enter. (If you clear Run Every, the schedule details are lost.)
Configure the following.
To specify the frequency without start and end times, select from the following controls. If you want to specify start and end times, go to the Use Time Window selection in this section.
Enter a frequency for Run Every. Then, select a time frame:
- Minutes: The job runs per the frequency of minutes you specify. For example, Every 30 Minutes runs the job every half hour over a 24-hour period. It is recommended you do not use the frequency of minutes except in unusual situations, such as testing.
Hours: The job runs per the minute setting you specify. For example, if it is 9 a.m. and you want to run the job every two hours at 15 minutes past the hour starting at 9:15 a.m., select Runs Every 2 Hours @ 15 minutes after the hour.
Days: The job runs on the frequency of days and the time you enter.
For example, Every 2 Days Starting @ 11:59:00 PM runs the job every other evening just before midnight.
Weeks The job runs per the frequency of weeks at the time and on the days you specify.
For example, Every 2 Weeks Starting @ 5:00:00 AM and Repeat on these days with MON, WED, FRI selected runs the job every other week at 5 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Months: The job runs on the frequency of months at the time and on the day you specify.
For example, If you select Every 2 Months Starting @ 1:00:00 AM along with First Saturday of the month, the job will run at 1 a.m. on the first Saturday of every other month.
Select Use Time Windows if you want to enter the Start and End time. You can click Add or Remove to control multiple time restrictions. Each time window must be at least one minute apart and not overlap.
For example, for a job to run every ten minutes every day from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., enter these values:
Enter Every 10 Minutes and Use Time Windows:
If you have selected Days, Weeks, or Months, you will be able to select the number of times for the job to Repeat in the time window you enter.
For a job to run two times every other day at 10:30 am between the hours of 4 a.m. and 8 p.m., enter these values:
For days, enter Every 2 Days and set the Use Time Windows as Start 4:00:00 AM and End 8:00:00 PM and Repeat 2.
- (UTC) Coordinated Universal Time is the default time zone. Select a new time zone, if desired.
If the scheduler is unable to complete a task within the scheduled interval, when it finishes execution of the task, it is rescheduled for the next immediate interval.
Summary tab (asset discovery)
From the Asset Discovery dialog, Summary tab, review the Asset Discovery job parameters and save it.
Review the following settings:
- Modify the Asset Discovery job settings, if necessary.
- Click OK to save the discovery job.
Editing an Asset Discovery job
You can change the settings for an Asset Discovery job.
- Navigate to Administrative Tools | Discovery.
- Click the Asset Discovery tile.
- Select an Asset Discovery job.
- Click Edit to update the selected Asset Discovery job. For more information, see Adding an Asset Discovery job.
- Make the updates.
- Click OK.