From My Settings, you can set a variety of controls for using the web client. These include page displays, update your information, including email notifications, check the version, or download the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords desktop Windows client. The settings you see are based on your role and permissions.
Go to My Settings
In the upper right corner, next to your user name, click then My Settings to proceed.
On the My Settings dialog, the tabs available are based on your role and permissions.
Using the General tab
- Language drop-down: Use this drop-down to change the site language. By default, this is set to Browser Language (Auto Detect).
- About Safeguard: The Appliance Version displays.
- Download Windows Client: Click to download the Windows desktop client.
Using the My Account tab
- Contact Information: Click Edit to change Email, Work Phone, or Mobile Phone. Click Save to save your changes or click Cancel to revert to the previous setting.
- Location: Select your time zone in the drop-down box. Changing your time zone may be prohibited based on your organization's security procedures. If available, choose to:
- Display times in local computer time: This is the default. It is the time zone set on your local computer.
- Display times in my configured time zone: This is the time zone that is set on this page.
- Manage Email Notifications: The Manage Email Notifications dialog displays the type of events for which you are receiving email notifications. You can define the types of events for which you want to receive notifications. By default, all events are selected. If the event is Built In to SPP, a displays. When there are multiple events, an Events link appears that leads to the Subscriptions dialog listing the Name, Description, and Category of the event.
- Clear the check box for any events for which you do not want to receive an email notification.
- To set all check boxes, select or clear the check box at the top of the list to the left of the header.
NOTE: When there are no delegated owners assigned to a partition, email notifications related to partitions are sent to the Asset Administrator. However, when a delegated owner is specified to manage the assets and accounts in a partition, email notifications related to partitions are sent to the delegated owner, not to the Asset Administrator.
- Manage FIDO2 Keys (Available if you are required to perform FIDO2 two-factor authentication.): If the FIDO2 feature is enabled, at least one FIDO2 key must be registered. When a key is added, the placeholder name is Unnamed Key. You can enter a meaningful name or later edit the name. It is recommended that all users have more than one key registered in case a key is lost or damaged. For existing keys, you will see the name and date each existing key was registered and last used.
- To change a name, enter the new name, then click Save.
- To remove a key, click Remove by the key. One key must remain registered. If a physical security key is lost, always delete the associated key from Safeguard for Privileged Passwords.
- To add a key, click Register New FIDO2 Key.
- You will be asked to insert or connect to the new key.
You will be prompted to reenter your primary credentials for verification.
Tap or activate your new FIDO2 key that is being registered.
You may then go back to the Manage FIDO2 Key page and give your newly registered key a name, then click Save.
For more information, see Requiring user to log in using secondary authentication.
- Change Password: The password requirements are listed. Enter your Current Password and the New Password as directed. (Click Display or Hide to view or hide the password as it is entered.) Click Save.