It is the responsibility of the Asset Administrator to configure the rules so Safeguard for Privileged Passwords handles custom platforms. The custom platform script must be available for uploading. For more information, see Creating a custom platform script.
To add a custom platform
- Have the custom platform script file available to upload.
- Navigate to:
- web client: Asset Management > Connect and Platforms > Custom Platforms.
- Click Add.
- These fields display:
- Name: Enter the unique name of the platform type, which may be a product name.
Platform Script: Click Browse. Navigate to and select the script file. Click Open. The selected custom platform script file displays.
- Select the Allow Sessions Requests check box to allow session access requests. This check box is typically selected for SSH. Clear the Allow Sessions check box to prohibit session access requests.
- Click OK. If the custom platform script has errors, an error message like the following displays: Definition was not a valid json object .
In the web client, expand the Security Policy Management section in the left navigation pane.
The following pages are available. See each section for a description of the functions available.
The Access Request Activity page allows Security Policy Administrators to review and manage access requests from a single location. Clicking one of the access request tiles on the page displays additional information about the access requests belonging to that category. In addition, you can review the request workflow, launch a live session, end a session, or revoke a specific request.
This dashboard is available to Safeguard for Privileged Passwords users assigned the following administrative permissions:
- Auditor: Read-only view.
- Security Policy: Full control.
Access requests: Tiles
Clicking any of the following tiles will open a dialog showing additional information. Click the button to customize the tiles that are displayed.
- Open Requests: Displays a list of all currently opened access requests, including session requests and password release requests.
- Pending Approval: Displays a list of access requests to be approved.
- Pending Review: Displays a list of access requests to be reviewed.
- Open Sessions: Displays a list of all currently opened sessions.
- Passwords Out: Displays a list of all password release requests that are currently checked out.
- SSH Keys Out: Displays a list of all SSH key release requests that are currently checked out.
- API Keys Out: Displays a list of all API key release requests that are currently checked out.
Access requests: Toolbars
After opening one of the tiles, use the toolbar at the top of the details grid to perform the following tasks.
A Safeguard for Privileged Passwords account group is a set of accounts which you can add to the scope of an access request policy. For more information, see Creating an access request policy.
The Auditor and the Security Policy Administrator have permission to access Account Groups.
To access Account Groups:
- web client: Navigate to Security Policy Management > Account Groups.
The Account Groups view displays the following information about the selected account group.
Use these toolbar buttons to manage account groups.