The actions that can be taken on an SSH key release request depends on the state of the request.
To take action on an SSH key release request
From the web client, click My Requests. Use any of the following methods to control the request displayed:
Click then select Check-In All Available to check-in all the available requests, Clear All to remove all requests, or Cancel All Pending Time Requested to cancel and remove all pending requests.
- Click Sort By then select to sort by Account Name, Asset Name, Due Next, Expiring Next, Most Recent, or Status.
- Click sort up or sort down to sort in ascending or descending order.
- Click Filters to filter by the status.
- Available: Approved requests that are ready to view or copy.
- Pending Approval: Requests that are waiting for approval.
- Approved: Requests that have been approved, but the check out time has not arrived. Or, for pending accounts restored when using the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords suspend feature.
- Revoked: Approved requests retracted by the approver. The approver can revoke a request after the request has become available.
- Expired: Requests for which the Checkout Duration has elapsed.
- Denied: Requests denied by the approver.
- Click Search to see a list of searchable elements. Or enter search characters. For more information, see Search box.
- If a denied or revoked request has been commented on by an approver, you can click the button associated with the request to view the comment.
You can take any of the following actions on the SSH key release request:
- Available request:
- The name, account, and remaining time is displayed. Click on the tile to see additional information or use the Fetch SSH Details button.
- The Format displays and can be selected, if necessary. Formats include OpenSSH, SSH2, and PuTTY. The Format chosen is preselected as the default for the next access request.
- Click Checkout SSH Key to check out the SSH key. This puts the SSH key onto your clipboard, ready for you to use.
- Click Start SSH Session to launch the session.
- Private Key: You can click Save or Copy.
- Passphrase: You can click Show or Copy if Passphrase Protect SSH Key was selected on when creating an access request policy.
- The following types of information may display based on the format you select.
- SHA-1 Fingerprint
- MD5 Fingerprint
- Public Key: You can click Save or Copy.
If the SSH key changes while you have it checked out, and your current request is still valid, you can select the following to obtain an new SSH key, as available: Save, Copy, or Show.
- Once you are done working, click Check-In Request to complete the SSH key check out process.
Approved request: Select Cancel Request to remove the request.
An SSH key release request changes from Approved to Available when the requested time is reached. It stays available until you either cancel the request or it reaches the end of the duration period.
- Pending request: Select Cancel Request to remove the request.
Revoked request: Select Resubmit to request the SSH key again.
Select Remove to delete the request from the list.
- Expired request: Select Remove Request to delete the request from the list.
Denied request: Select Resubmit to request the SSH key again.
Select Remove Request to delete the request from the list.
- Available request: