One Identity Starling
5 December 2018
These release notes provide information about the 5 December 2018 One Identity Starling release.
About this release
One Identity Starling helps to combine products from the One Identity line to create a secure and customizable cloud service. Administrators use the Starling site to create a new organization, register new accounts, add services to their organization, and gain secure access to those services.
Starling 5 December 2018 is a general release.
New features in the 5 December 2018 release of Starling:
- There are no new features for this release. See below for information regarding new features in previous releases.
The following were new features in previous releases of Starling.
- Support page – A new page is available that provides access to support resources.
- Starling Connect – The Starling Connect service is now available for trial or purchase.
- Access Summary page – This page replaces and expands on the now deprecated Users page. It is available to organization administrators for viewing and managing the users, clients, and products associated with your organization.
- Managing Organization Admins page – Starling organization roles are now managed on a new page.
- Active Roles 7.3 – The latest version of Active Roles is eligible to use the One Identity Hybrid Subscription service.
- Password Manager 5.8.0 – The latest version of Password Manager is eligible to use the One Identity Hybrid Subscription service.
- Safeguard 2.2 – The latest version of Safeguard is eligible to use the One Identity Hybrid Subscription service.
- One Identity Hybrid Subscription – A new service is available that allows you to join a One Identity on-premises product with Starling. Password Manager 5.8.0 and Safeguard 2.2 are a couple of the upcoming products that will be eligible to use this service.
General Data Protection Regulation changes – Due to the new GDPR requirements, a GDPR contact is now required for your Starling account. For more information, see the Starling User Guide. Also, please take time to review the One Identity legal page.
The following is a list of features that are no longer supported for Starling.
- There were no deprecated features for the 5 December 2018 release. See below for information regarding deprecated features in previous releases.
- Users page: The Users page was removed as part of changes to how Starling provides insight into accounts and how it assigns organization level permissions.
The following is a list of issues addressed in this release.
- There were no resolved issues. See below for information regarding resolved issues in previous releases.
The following issues were resolved in previous releases of Starling.
Table 1: General resolved issues
|The search box on the Access Summary page is case sensitive for Starling Two-Factor Authentication accounts. Searches for Starling Identity Analytics & Risk Intelligence accounts are not case sensitive.
Table 2: General resolved issues
When creating a new organization, work accounts that click Sign in without filling in the registration fields will be redirected to an error page.
Table 3: General resolved issues
What's New page is not displaying updated content.
Table 4: General resolved issues
UI doing full authentication reload when refreshing token.
Table 5: General resolved issues
|An error may appear when logging out of Starling using a non-work account. You must close the browser to complete logging off.