If a user has forgotten his password, you can reset the password for this user, provided that you have the appropriate permissions.
To reset user's password
- Connect to the Helpdesk site by using the procedure outlined in Connecting to Helpdesk Site.
- On the Home page, click Reset Password.
- Type user's answer(s) and click Next. Reset Password page appears.
- In Reset Password page, select one of the following options to reset the password.
- Use the following auto generated password: An auto generated password suggestion displays in text box. The user can use this password and store it in a secure location for later use.
- Enter the password manually: The user can select this option to set a password manually. After selecting this option, type the password in the text box and, confirm the password. Click Next.
- After successful password reset, Password was successfully reset message appears.