Unix Account tab is missing in ADUC
If the Unix Account tab is missing when viewing the properties of a user or group in Active Directory Users and Computers, the most likely cause is that the extension module (AducExtensions.dll) was unable to load. Typically this is due to an invalid or corrupt installation. To resolve this issue, please check the following:
- Ensure that Authentication Services has been installed on the local computer.
- Ensure that you are logged in as a domain user or that ADUC is running as a domain user.
- The Authentication Services installation may have become corrupted. Remove and re-install Authentication Services.
- Certain software is required in order for the Unix Account tab to load. If any of the following software has been removed, please re-install it:
- Windows PowerShell
- VisualStudio C++ Runtime
- .NET Framework v3.5
- If you are working with One Identity Active Roles Server MMC Console, ensure that display specifiers have been installed and that you have restarted the Active Roles Service. Until you do this, the Unix Account tab will not appear in Active Roles Server MCC Console.
- If the Unix Account tab still does not appear, open Control Center and enable debug logging from the Preferences. Attempt to load the Unix Account tab, then send the generated log files to VARcompany.support.
vasypd has unsatisfied dependencies
If you receive the following error message while installing the Authentication Services vasypd Unix component, the rpcbind service may not be enabled.
svcadm: Instance "svc:/quest/vas/vasypd:default" has unsatisfied dependencies.
Error 4 starting vasypd
To enable the rpcbind service
- Check the dependencies of vasypd:
# svcs -d quest/vas/vasypd
STATE STIME FMRI
disabled Sep_14 svc:/network/rpc/bind:default
online Sep_14 svc:/milestone/single-user:default
online Sep_14 svc:/system/filesystem/local:default
- If rpcbind is disabled, run this command to enable it:
# /usr/sbin/svcadm enable -s /network/rpc/bind
- Run the following command to start vasypd:
# /etc/init.d/vasypd start