You can use the mangement console to remotely add a local group to the host.
Note: This topic instructs you to set up a local group by the name of "localgroup" referred to by other examples in this guide.
To add a local group to the host
- From the Management Console for Unix, open the Host | All Hosts view.
- From the All Hosts view, double-click a host name to open its properties.
- Select the Groups tab and click Add Group.
- In the Add New Group dialog, enter localgroup as a local group name in the Group Name box and click Add Group.
- In the Log on to Host dialog, enter your credentials and click OK.
Note: This task requires elevated credentials. Credential information is entered by default from the cache.
The new local group account is added to the system and mangement console.