In order to use strong authentication, you must download and install Authentication Services Defender. See the Defender Installation Guide to obtain detailed steps for installing Authentication Services Defender.
Note: Defender installation requires a license file. A fully-functional 25-user license for it is included with Authentication Services.
The following steps outline the basic procedure for installing Defender. See the
To install Defender
- Insert the Authentication Services distribution media.
The Autorun Home page displays.
Note: If the Autorun Home page does not display, navigate to the root of the distribution media and double-click autorun.exe.
- From the Home page, click the Setup tab.
- From the Setup tab, click One Identity Defender.
The One IdentityDefender web page opens.
- Click the Download on the left navigation panel.
- Follow the online instructions to gain access to the Trial Download page.
- From the Trial Download: Defender page, click the Defender Documentation Archive link.
- Once you have installed One Identity Defender, see the One Identity Defender Integration Guide for detailed configuration instructions about integrating Authentication Services Defender with Authentication Services.