Safeguard Authentication Services provides additional tools to help you manage different aspects of migrating Unix hosts into an Active Directory environment. Links to these tools are available from Tools in the Control Center.
This topic instructs you to set up an Active Directory group by the name of "UNIXusers" referred to by other examples in this guide.
To create a new group in Active Directory
- In the Control Center, click Tools on the left navigation pane.
- From the Tools window, click the Safeguard Authentication Services Extensions for Active Directory Users and Computers link.
The Active Directory Users and Computers Console opens.
For Windows 7, you must You must have the Remote Server Administration Tools installed and enabled.
- Expand the domain folder and select the Users folder.
- Click the New Group icon button.
The New Object - Group dialog opens.
- Enter UNIXusers in the Group name box and click OK.