If you are unable to join the domain, run the preflight utility to validate your environment.
Then, verify the following:
- Check that the Active Directory account specified during join has rights to join the computer to the domain.
- Check that the Unix host is able to properly resolve the domain name through DNS.
If you are joining to a specific domain controller you must ensure that Safeguard Authentication Services can locate and read the configuration information in Active Directory. You should do one of the following:
- Make sure the domain controller you specify is a global catalog.
- Create the Safeguard Authentication Services application configuration in the domain to which you are joining.
- Properly configure DNS to return srv-records and avoid joining to a specific domain controller.