Prerequisites to connect to Starling
The following are the prerequisites to connect to Starling:
- User must have One Identity Starling account. For more information on creating a One Identity Starling account, see the Starling Two-Factor Authentication Administration Guide.
- The Starling Account must be activated with a valid Two-Factor Authentication subscription.
Connecting RADIUS Agent to Starling
After the pre-requisites to connect to Starling are met, connect RADIUS Agent to Starling using the Starling Join option available for One Identity on-premises products.
To connect and configure One Identity Starling for authentication
- On the Starling Two-Factor RADIUS Agent configuration window, click Connect Starling.
The Connect Starling window is displayed.
- Click Connect my account.
You are redirected to the One Identity Starling authentication window.
- Provide your Starling credentials and click SIGN IN.
- In the Join to Starling window, click Allow.
NOTE: If you are a member of more than one Starling organization, use the drop-down to select the organization to which you want to connect.
- Click Join.
After successful authentication, you are redirected to the One Identity Starling Two-Factor Authentication Connect Starling window.
NOTE: To connect to a different organization in your One Identity Starling account, click Change Account. If the connection is unsuccessful, a message is displayed providing the details of the error and the previously connected account is continued to be used. In such a case, it is recommended to contact support for any help.
NOTE: If there are any network issues or if the Starling is down, your account may get disconnected. In such cases, click Reconnect. To test the validity of your account connection, click Test connection.
Push notification enables you to Approve or Deny login requests. These requests facilitate an end-to-end encrypted communication between the application and a secured authentication service. Accurate configuration of the push notification allows you to Approve or Deny a login attempt.
To configure the push notification settings
- On the Starling Two-Factor RADIUS Agent configuration page, click Push Notification.
Push Notification window is displayed.
- On the Message field, enter a message to be displayed in the Starling Two-Factor application. The message entered must be in the range of 10 to 50 characters.
- On the Timeout (seconds) field, select the timeout duration or the validity of the notification from the drop-down menu. If you select Other, you can specify the customized timeout duration in seconds. By default, 30 seconds is set as a timeout duration for notifications.
- Click Save Settings after completing the configuration.
You can configure the user repository details in the User repository section depending on the option used for storing user data. The user data can be stored either in the Active Directory or in a CSV file.