Push notifications in Starling 2FA app
To use push notifications:
NOTE: To use push notifications you must install Starling 2FA app and register your phone number.
- If you have not installed Starling 2FA app, install the app from the app store.
- On the client application, enter Push in the token response field and click Enter. Your token will be added to Starling 2FA app.
- Open Starling 2FA app and go to OneTouch menu.
- Approve the request in the Pending tab to log in to the client application.
To troubleshoot issues that may occur during authentication with Starling Two-Factor RADIUS Agent, you need to enable diagnostic logging for Starling Two-Factor RADIUS Agent. By default, diagnostic logging is disabled. After enabling or disabling diagnostic logging, you must restart Starling Two-Factor RADIUS Agent service.
Enabling diagnostic logging
To enable diagnostic logging for Starling Two-Factor RADIUS Agent:
- On a computer where Starling Two-Factor RADIUS Agent is installed, go to the Starling Two-Factor RADIUS Agent folder in the installation directory. Normally, the path to the folder is %ProgramFiles%\One Identity\Starling Two-Factor RADIUS Agent.
- Make the following changes to the StarlingTwoFactor.RadiusAgent.Service.exe.config file in the Starling Two-Factor RADIUS Agent folder:
- In the <log4net debug="false"> entry, set the value to "true": <log4net debug="true">
- In the <level value="ERROR" /> entry, set the value to "DEBUG": <level value="DEBUG" />
You can find the log file RadiusAgent.log in the Logs folder in the installation directory. Normally, the path to the log file is %ProgramFiles%\ One Identity\Starling Two-Factor RADIUS Agent\Logs.
Disabling diagnostic logging
To disable diagnostic logging for Starling Two-Factor RADIUS Agent:
- Set the following values in the StarlingTwoFactor.RadiusAgent.Service.exe.config file:
- <log4net debug="false">
- <level value="ERROR" />