How to configure the Dell Remote Access Card (DRAC) on the TPAM appliance?
Is there documentation for DRAC / iDRAC FAQ or configuration?
2. Is the DRAC required for TPAM?
The intention of the DRAC is for remote power operations, and to view the TPAM Kiosk where physical access may be problematic. The DRAC is provided on all TPAM hardware as a customer convenience, its usage is optional, and has no impact TPAM.
3. Does One Identity provide setup / configuration documentation?
No, setup documentation and a video are available from Dell:
4. Does One Identity provide support for the DRAC?
5. Can the firmware of the DRAC be upgraded on TPAM devices?
It is not supported or advisable. Due to security in place on TPAM devices updating the firmware can cause devices to become unbootable. More information can be found here
Information on upgrading firmware is available from Dell
Dell PowerEdge: How to a Remote Firmware Update with the iDRAC?
6. Can the DRAC card be rebooted / power cycled?
Yes, the DRAC can be soft restarted without powering down the server. Press and hold down the System identification "i" button on the device for more than 15 seconds.
Refer to Dell documentation How to reset the internal Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) on a PowerEdge server?
7. Can the DRAC card settings be factory reset, can the password be reset if lost?
Yes. Refer to Dell documenation Resetting iDRAC7+8 to Default Settings
8. What is the default username / password for the DRAC card?
The defaults are below, more information can be found in the Dell iDRAC User Guides
9. What ports are required to access the DRAC card?
Refer to Dell documentation iDRAC 8/7 v184.108.40.206 User’s Guide
10. Our scanning software identify a vulnerability on the DRAC network IP
We are unable to comment on Dell DRAC security concerns. If you have any concerns, the DRAC can be disconnected from the network - this will not impact TPAM. Alternatively, configure the DRAC on its own protected isolated network.
Other Useful Links
Event and Error Message Reference Guide (RAC Errors)