This hotfix addresses an issue with displaying RADIUS and Defender configuration web pages.. One Identity may generate additional hotfixes for future releases of the product.
The minimum version for installing this hotfix is 2.5.915.
IMPORTANT: Note that if Hotfix 9983 is being applied to TPAM versions 2.5.915 - 2.5.918, the Hotfix 9203 must be obtained and installed first to avoid display issues on the External Authentication configuration screens. Hotfix 9203 will not be required for 2.5.919 or higher.
Resolved Issue: When the Secret for a Defender or Radius system contains problematic character sequences you can no longer make edits to the configuration page.
When trying to modify or create a new RADIUS/Defender configuration, the warning "Change to RADIUS failed" may also be displayed.
Please download the hotfix, TPAM Hotfix 9983 for KB 238821, by clicking here.
The following is a list of issues resolved in this hotfix.
Issues resolved in hotfix 9983:
|Resolved Issue||Issue ID|
|When the Secret for a Defender or Radius system contains problematic character sequences you can no longer make edits to the configuration page.||9983|
Applicability of this hotfix
Products affected by this hotfix:
|TPAM||2.5.915 - 2.5.919|
Installing this hotfix
To install the hotfix:
1. Take a backup of the TPAM appliance.
2. Copy the supplied .zip to your local computer.
3. Log in to the TPAM /admin interface.
4. Select Maint | Apply a Patch from the menu.
5. Click the Select File button.
6. Click the Browse button. Select the patch file that you saved locally.
7. Click the Upload button.
8. Type 9Uvfesh5Gp in the Key box.
9. Type /genkey in the Options box.
10. By default, if you are applying a patch to a primary member of a cluster, the replicas in the cluster will be listed and highlighted in the Target Replicas list. If any of the replicas are deselected, the patch will not be applied to it. The replica can be patched at a later date by logging on directly to the /admin interface of the replica. If the software version numbers (excluding the build number) of the primary and the replica still match them the primary will still be able to send data to the replica. We recommend that you contact Technical Support before deciding to deselect any of the replicas on this list.
11. Click the Apply Patch button.
Verifying successful installation
To determine if this hotfix is installed:
1. Click the Patch Log tab.
2. To set the log refresh interval, select Refresh Results every X seconds.
3. Once the hotfix has been applied there will be a message in the patch log stating “Patch successfully applied to system”.
Removing this hotfix
To remove this hotfix:
1. To remove this hotfix the TPAM appliance can be restored using the backup taken prior to applying the hotfix. We recommend discussing this with Technical Support prior to completing the restore.