This hotfix includes the changes outlined in the following sections. One Identity may generate additional hotfixes for future releases of the product.
The minimum version for installing this hotfix is 2.5.904.
Resolved Issue: Reverses Hotfix 8784. Changes in hotfix 8784 update IIS Crypto to remove 3DES ciphers, which can interrupt TPAM management of older SQL server platforms that use 3DES. Applying hotfix 9216 will allow these older versions of SQL server to work.
Please download the TPAM Hotfix 9216 for KB 227494 by clicking here.
The following is a list of issues resolved in this hotfix.
|Resolved Issue||Issue ID|
|Reverses Hotfix 8784. Changes in hotfix 8784 update IIS Crypto to remove 3DES ciphers, which can interrupt TPAM management of older SQL server platforms that use 3DES. Applying hotfix 9216 will allow these older versions of SQL server to work.||9216|
Applicability of this hotfix
Products affected by this hotfix:
|TPAM||2.5.904 - 2.5.918|
Installing this hotfix
To install the hotfix:
1. Take a backup of the TPAM appliance.
2. Copy the supplied .zip file to your local computer.
3. Log in to the TPAM /admin interface.
4. Select Maint | Apply a Patch from the menu.
5. Click the Select File button.
6. Click the Browse button. Select the patch file that you saved locally.
7. Click the Upload button.
8. Type 6dA0PdiJVy in the Key box.
9. Type /genkey in the Options box.
10. By default, if you are applying a patch to a primary member of a cluster, the replicas in the cluster will be listed and highlighted in the Target Replicas list. If any of the replicas are deselected, the patch will not be applied to it. The replica can be patched at a later date by logging on directly to the /admin interface of the replica. If the software version numbers (excluding the build number) of the primary and the replica still match them the primary will still be able to send data to the replica. We recommend that you contact Technical Support before deciding to deselect any of the replicas on this list.
11. Click the Apply Patch button.
Verifying successful installation
To determine if this hotfix is installed:
1. Click the Patch Log tab.
2. To set the log refresh interval, select Refresh Results every X seconds.
3. Once the hotfix has been applied there will be a message in the patch log stating “Patch successfully applied to system”.
Removing this hotfix
To remove this hotfix:
1. To remove this hotfix the TPAM appliance can be restored using the backup taken prior to applying the hotfix. We recommend discussing this with Technical Support prior to completing the restore.