This one day hands-on instructor-led training course provides IT experts the knowledge and skills needed to configure, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot the syslog-ng Store Box (SBB) central logserver appliance.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- General IT knowledge
- UNIX and Windows administration knowledge
- PKI knowledge
- Logging knowledge
- TCP/IP knowledge
- Introduction to syslog metgods
- Introduction to syslog protocols
- Possible scenarios and deployment modes
- The administrative interfaces
- Process of Initialization
- System (firmware, HA etc.)
- Date & time
- Management (backup, certificate, mail etc.)
- Alerting and monitoring
- The Dashboard
- Auth methods
- LDAP and AD integration
- Reading logs
- Local stores (spaces)
- Logrouting (remote storage)
- Log path
- Further settings
- Sharing spaces with CIFS and NFS
- Encrypt spaces and display encrypted spaces
- Simple UNIX clients
- Install and settings of windows clients
- Configure fetching log messages from SQL databases
- Configure store messages in SQL databases
- System defined reports
- Custom reports
- Peer configuration changes
- Public, instructor-led class on pre-scheduled dates delivered at a One Identity facility. Address of location is below.
- Private, instructor-led class delivered on-site at the customer’s site.
Training courses held in Budapest:
BalaBit HQ 2 Alíz street
Training courses held in München:
Exclusive Networks Deutschland Standort München
73 Balanstraße - Haus 21 B
- This class runs from 9:00am to 17:00pm
- Registration shall be made 30 calendar days prior the actual training course.
- For custom training locations, attends should have:
- A laptop with at least 4GB RAM, with Internet connection and capable of running an RDP application.
- Recommended resolution: 1360 x 768 (16:9) or higher.
- Unfiltered RDP and HTTP/S connection.