The Support page provides access to support resources for your products as well as provides the licensing information necessary for registering for support.
To access the Support page
- Log in to Starling.
Click the Support link at the top of the page.
To return to the Starling Platform home page, click the Services link.
The Settings page is displayed when the button is clicked in the upper right corner while on the Starling home page. From this page you can access the following settings:
IMPORTANT: The following options vary depending on your user type and data center region. For example, only organization administrators will see the Delete Organization option.
- Event Forwarding: This page is used to configure event data to be sent to a SYSLOG service. For more information, see Starling event forwarding.
- Directories: This page is used for configuring and managing directory services. For more information, see Managing Azure Active Directories.
- Applications: This page is used to create a relying party trust that allows directory users to authenticate and use the target application. For more information, see Applications.
- Joined Products: This page is used for unjoining products from Starling in cases where the previously joined product is no longer available. For more information, see Joined Products.
- Organization Admins: This page is used for managing the administrators associated with your Starling Platform organization. For more information, see Manage Organization Admins page.
- Manage GDPR Contacts: This page is used for managing the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) contacts for the organization. For more information, see Managing GDPR contacts.
- Delete Organization/Leave Organization: The displayed setting depends on your user type. For more information, see Deleting an organization or Leaving an organization.
The Event Forwarding option on the Settings page allows you to send Starling Platform event data to a service that supports Syslog. This feature is not enabled by default.
To enable event forwarding
IMPORTANT: Only events occurring after the feature has been configured will be sent to your Syslog service and then able to be stored according to your preferences. Events that occur prior to configuration are not forwarded nor are they accessible within Starling Platform.
- From the Starling home page, click the button in the upper right corner.
- In the Event Forwarding section of the Settings page, click Change.
- On the Configure Event Forwarding page, click the On/Off toggle to switch it to the On position.
Fill in the following configuration fields:
- Hostname/IP Address: Enter the hostname or IP address to which the event data will be sent.
- Port: Enter the port number in this field. By default this is 6514.
- Structured Data ID: (Optional) Use this field to specify an ID. For example, this could be passed to the Loggly logging service (https://www.loggly.com/) to identify a specific customer tenant within Loggly.
Once you have filled in these fields the information will be saved automatically. Clicking the Send Test Event button will send a test event to your Syslog service to confirm the connection is working.