Options 1: To install Active Roles MMC console on a standalone machine from the Components folder, follow these steps:
- Go to the Active Roles Installation Media and navigate to X:\Components\ActiveRoles MMC Console.
- Run the installer on the target machine.
- Make sure that the Active Roles Administration can be accessed on the same network as the client (target machine).
- Launch the Active Roles Console.
- Connect to the Active Roles server instance that uses the Administration Services by typing in the instance name.
Options 2: To install Active Roles MMC console on a standalone machine from main Active Roles setup, follow these steps:
- Download the Active Roles installation package from the One Identity website
- Launch the installation package and select "Custom installation."
- In the "Custom Setup" window, select "Active Roles MMC Console" and click "Next."
- On the "Destination Folder" screen, choose the directory where you want to install the console and click "Next."
- On the "Ready to Install" screen, review your installation settings, and click "Install."
- Wait for the installation to complete, and then click "Finish" to close the installer.
- To launch the Active Roles MMC console, open the Start menu, and search for "Active Roles MMC Console." Click on the search result to open the console.
Note: If any connectivity error appears, please ensure that there are no firewalls, network issues, or security endpoints that could be causing the problem