A user has forgotten the passphrase for their Defender Desktop Token - is it possible to reset it?
What are the required steps?
1. Start Defender Desktop Token (Select Start, Programs, Defender Desktop Token, Defender Desktop)
2. Click Tokens. The Defender Desktop Tokens dialog is displayed
3. Right-click the token that you want to reset, then select Reset Passphrase from the list. The Defender Desktop Token Wizard start. Click Next.
4. Send the challenge to the Defender Administrator, and enter the Unlock code.
As an administrator to create a unlock code:
1. From Active Directory Users and Computers, find the Token assigned to the user.
2. Right click and select properties. Select Recover
3. Enter the Challenge code given by the user, and send the user the response.
- Delete and import the token
- To do this browse to the users Application Data folder..
- Within that directory, there will be a file that is the actual token (e.g. 34551229). Deleting this file will delete the token, and the associated passphrase. After reloading Defender Desktop Token, the user will need to re-import a new token.
© 2020 One Identity LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback Nutzungsbedingungen Datenschutz