Unexpected behavior when you use an attribute of type "String, Object Reference" provided by the Exchange Server Connector to update data in Exchange Server:
Quick Connect updates data in Exchange Server each time you run the synchronization workflow step that includes the attribute, even through no data synchronization is required.
This issue only occurs if all of the following is true:
- You synchronize data from a source string attribute to the target attribute of type "String, Object Reference" provided by the Exchange Server Connector.
- The source string attribute value can take a number of formats, including Canonical DN.
- The source string attribute value is specified in any other format except Canonical DN.
For example, this issue may manifest itself when you do the following:
- Run a synchronization step that updates data in Microsoft Exchange Server.
- When the synchronization step completes, run the step again.
Observed result: The synchronization step updates the same attribute value as in step 1, even though the attribute value requires no synchronization.
Make sure the source attribute value is specified in the Canonical DN format.