This example illustrates how to configure a creating step to synchronize multivalued attributes from an Active Directory domain to an AD LDS (ADAM) instance. The example demonstrates how to create rules in the step to synchronize the value of the otherTelephone attribute in the Active Directory domain to the otherTelephone attribute in AD LDS (ADAM).
To synchronize the otherTelephone attribute
- Follow the steps provided in the Adding a creating step section until you reach the wizard page titled Specify creation rules.
- In the Initial Attribute Population Rules element, click the down arrow on the leftmost button below the list to select Forward Sync Rule.
- In the dialog box that opens, add the following pair of attributes:
- Source item: otherTelephone attribute (Active Directory)
- Target item: otherTelephone attribute (AD LDS)
For more information about the options in this dialog box, see Configuring a forward sync rule.
- When you are finished, click OK.
- Follow the steps in the wizard to complete the configuration of the creating step.
The Synchronization Service provides an email notification service that allows you to inform recipients about the completion of a sync workflow run.
For each sync workflow that includes at least one synchronization step, you can configure multiple alerts. Then, when a sync workflow run completes, the recipients signed up for the alert receive an email message informing them about the completion of the sync workflow run. For example, you can use sync workflow alerts to inform recipients when a sync workflow run completes with errors.
To manage alerts for a sync workflow, go to the Sync Workflows tab in the Synchronization Service Administration Console, and then click the Manage alerts link below the sync workflow.
To manage outgoing mail profiles for sending sync workflow alerts, in the Synchronization Service Administration Console, click the Settings menu in the upper right corner, and then click the Mail Profiles.
In this section:
To create or edit an alert
- In the Synchronization Service Administration Console, open the Sync Workflows tab.
- Click the Manage alerts link below the sync workflow for which you want to create or edit an alert.
The Manage alerts link is only available on sync workflows that include one or more synchronization steps.
- In the Manage Sync Workflow Alerts dialog box, do one of the following:
- If you want to create a new alert, click the Add button under the Sync workflow alerts list.
- If you want to edit an existing alert, select that alert in the Sync workflow alerts list, and then click the Edit button under the list.
- Use the following options in the dialog box that opens to specify alert settings, and then click OK:
- Use the Send email using this outgoing mail profile list to select the settings to be used for sending notification emails generated by the alerts in the Sync workflow alerts list.
To configure the current outgoing mail profile, click the Properties button. For more information, see Managing outgoing mail profiles.
- When you are finished, click OK to close the Manage Sync Workflow Alerts dialog box.